Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Putting Your Only Foot Forward

Today our new Nanny came to spend a day with my SIL learning the boys schedule and how the day normally goes. This is how the morning was planned.

Between 6:45 and 7:00 my eldest will come in and wake me up. I had also made arrangements for my wife to call at 7:00 am and wake me up.

We had called and reminded my SIL several times to make sure she was there at 7:30 this morning. She had guaranteed me she would be there on time.

It is nice that we can all have these dreams isn’t it….

My eldest slept in this morning; my wife did not call at 7:00 am.  I was awoken from a deep sleep by the doorbell at 7:20 am. It was the new Nanny early on her first day.  

I stumble from bed and rush to get some clothes on to go and answer the door.  As I am letting her in, the phone rings, It is my SIL telling me that the –25 Ottawa weather has frozen her car and it won’t start.

I told her to grab a cab and I would pay for it…. Sigh

Well at least she now knows how a typical morning will go.

2 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, Blogger DaniGirl said...

Nanny??? Oooo....

 
At 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And did the nanny agree to come back again?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home