Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Christmas Bling

I was advised by my SO last weekend that our house was not making the grade and something needed to be done.  While we were one of the first in the neighborhood to put up our Christmas lights our neighbors soon followed in an attempt to out do us.  Soon our row of sparkling coloured Christmas lights paled in contrast to the magnificent pyrotechnical displays of lights and animated robotronic deer and Santa’s that festooned the lawns of my little community.

I was given no choice; the order came from the highest authority. “Make the house prettier”.  So off I went into the festive no-mans land of Barrhaven, Canadian Tire, to acquire more Christmas bling.  There were more lights to get (100 ft worth), there was more garland to buy (60 feet worth), red bows and other accessories.  

3 hours later and a very large amount of cash I received a positive review from the wife.

This week when she is not looking I am heading back out for an inflatable pooh bear and a collection of mooning Santa’s.


1 Comments:

At 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I 've been mooned plenty of times but never in the spirit of Christmas. You are creative.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home