Thursday, December 01, 2005

The Cat

A while back we had an unexpected addition to our household (no, not child 3).  While my wife was out hunting for some fish food at the local Pet Store she stumbled across a furry white feline with a most relaxed attitude to life.  In some manner (I am assuming mastery of the dark arts, perhaps a an Imperius curse caused this), this little fur-ball convinced my wife to take him home.

Snowball as he was named, quickly became a permanent member of our household and my wallet.  Within days of coming home he developed a wheeze and a cough.  $185.00 later I was administering anti-biotic cream to his eyes and oral antibiotic pills.

Great, you save a cat from the pound and this is how he rewards you.

Since then Snowball has graced our home with rolling tumbleweeds of white fur, the occasional scratch, bite and midnight attack.  But as a male adult cat he has settled into life with 3 boys.  To be honest he is a pretty good cat and the boys love him.

At some point in his past he had been de-clawed.  One of his rear paws (which come to think of it is not de-clawed) has a bit of an ingrown toe.  My wife has always been concerned with it and so decided to have my SIL take it into the vet clinic where she works part-time.

The good news is the toe is fine, no worries.  The bad news… his ass was infected.

I dunno how a cat goes about getting an infected ass, but there you go (I swear I was not involved).  Apparently the vet was also forced to express his “anal glands”.  Upon return to the home I was greeted with a cat that has a very clean-shaven strip running from the base of his tail all the way past his… stinky bits.  He also came with a tube of anti-biotic cream, which as you can guess, must be applied twice a day to his infected areas.  And guess who gets that job.

At least he isn’t pissing on the furniture.

4 Comments:

At 9:25 AM, Blogger y-vonne said...

And how is a cat owner supposed to know that a cat has an infected ass. The vet seemed upset that we had not realized but, I don't inspect assess that have fur. That is not in the contract.

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger DaniGirl said...

Count yourself lucky. We came home from London one fine New Years Eve to find the world's most evil cat ailing severely. When you get your cat's ass shaved and anal gland expressed for off-hour emergency rates, it comes in at $700.

 
At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God you guys keep me laughing!!!!!

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger nancy said...

OMG that was hilarious! I also have a pound cat who attacks me in mid-slumber occasionally drawing blood. I am thankful she has never had a butt problem, but mor thankful she isn't peeing on the furniture. But, that wouldn't be all that bad cause then I would get to buy new furniture, right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home