Friday, December 02, 2005

Echoes From My Past

Once you get to school you can get naked and dance in the snow, but before you leave this house you will be dressed appropriately for the weather”

Words uttered by me this morning as my 7 year old tried to leave the house this morning wearing a t-shirt, his coat hanging open and a ball-cap on his head.  Did I mention it is snowing in Ottawa this morning?

After a brief discussion and the threats of a trip to Wal-Mart to buy bright pink snow pants, my 7 year old decided that maybe a toque, snow pants, a sweater and doing up his coat was a better option.


Dear Mr. All-the-Cool-7-Year-Olds-Don’t-Wear-Snow-Pants
On the off chance that you ever stumbles across this blog and read it I just want to let him know I saw you sneak your ball cap back into your knapsack when you thought my back was turned.

There is a Klingon proverb that says, “Revenge is a dish best served cold”.  Personally I think revenge is a dish best eaten by grandparents watching their children deal with their grandchildren.

Mother, for all my snow pant-arguments I apologize.



  

3 Comments:

At 7:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really am lovin it...and the fact that you can turn a blind eye to certain aspects, such as a ball cap tucked quickly into a pocket, proves that a parent's behaviour really is more modelled than taught. I accept your apology with a bright smile on my face...and I think...just wait til you turn a blind eye to grass and weeds sticking out your exhaust pipe.

 
At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

at least she is not "crying while writing this" these days!

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger nancy said...

Ooooh you're good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home