Friday, December 16, 2005

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

Good Morning the rest of the world, welcome to winter; at least in my neck of the woods.

This week the temperature in Ottawa dipped into the –20’s overnight, -12 to –18 during the days. Nice and frosty to make sure you are snuggled extra deep in the covers. Last night the other half of winter arrived. I awoke to about 20cm (8 inches my American friends) of snow. With a forecast of another 15-20 cm falling during the day today it was no surprise that the school buses had been cancelled.  

So I bundled up my boys this morning, dropped the 2 youngest at the sitters and hauled my fledgling moose boy back to our place to shovel snow, and shovel and shovel and shovel.  He was not terribly impressed after the first three shovels. Way I figure it with the amount he is eating these days it is about time I put him to work. Mind you he is just going to eat more to replace the calories I burned off him this morning.

Of course with the first major snow fall of the season you can imagine what the roads were like this morning. I had no major problems whipping around in my baby SUV, but it sure was fun watching the other drivers on the roads.

And to make this typical Canadian day even more uhhhh Canadian… I have to whip home tonight, grab the eldest and make it to hockey practice at 5:30 pm.  Oh yeah and shovel the driveway again.








1 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you boys.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home