Friday, December 30, 2005

Is It Still a Victory If It Falls Apart?

With the holiday season upon us, and a herd of relatives arriving over the week between Christmas and New Years, several days were devoted to the pre-Christmas cleaning frenzy. As a good spouse I lent a hand and together Yvonne and I gave the house a real good cleaning. Then came the odd-jobs. Little fix-em ups and tasks I have been putting off. See I am kinda lazy, and as a past boss once described; I have trouble with minutia.

In other words back a year or so ago I finished our basement. In my humble opinion I think I did a great job on all 95% of it. Yup, 95%, the last 5% of trim work and little jobs here and there I have not quite gotten around to. One of the 5% was putting the vent covers on the duct boots. When I cut the drywall, I kind of cut it a little wide and now need to patch them up. Because of that the vent covers do not stay attached to the ceiling.

This was one of those little things that my wife asked me to do. I tried to inform her that without the patch job they would not stay up. Her reply, made in that don’t-argue-spouse-voice was “Then uses hot glue, but get them up”

I tried to suggest that hot glue was not a manly enough adhesive to be used in construction. That if I were caught hot gluing things together they would come and take away my tool belt. I suggested I run up to Canadian Tire to get some Bull Dog All Purpose Adhesive. It was then I got “the look” followed quickly by me running upstairs to get the hot glue gun.

Today I ventured back down stairs and guess what I found, both duct covers lying on the floor.

Like I said, hot glue is not an appropriate adhesive.

So does this mean I won?

3 Comments:

At 8:09 AM, Blogger Rosey said...

In my house, it's "Crazy Glue" and "WD-40" that the women folk think can fix anything. Yes you won. Unless of course you rub her nose in it and she withholds pussy for a long time, in which case you lost.

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Just Jan said...

I would clearly say you won on that one. (though I doubt she'll let you win many more..lol

 
At 5:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She was partially right as the one over our bed did not fall on us during the night.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home