Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Pan A, Plan B, Plan C

This was the plan.

I was going to take the summer off from coaching soccer.  I was going to focus this year on getting my certification for coaching hockey and then put on my coaches at next fall. Part of my reasoning was that Liam’s level of soccer was getting higher than any innate skill or knowledge of the game tat I might have. I also wanted to pick up coaching for Aiden, but at his level soccer is still more of a clinic style rather than practices and games.

It was a good plan… I liked it, meant the summer was going to be more relaxed and I would get the opportunity to watch the games rather than running around keeping the kids focused and chasing the ball.

Like I said that was the plan.

Somehow between here and there I got signed up to be a coach.  I am not quite sure how it happened.  They called me and I said I was not interested in coaching this year… then they informed me that they would be mailing out my team list.  I told them again I was not interested and they started to read off the names on the list to see if I recognized any of them.

Even odder in this whole process was the fact that when all the dust settled it turns out that I am coaching Liam’s team, 1 night a week practice, 1 night a week game and I am also coaching Aiden’s team with the Sat morning timeslot.

Like I said, it was a good plan…






1 Comments:

At 11:17 AM, Blogger DaniGirl said...

Pah, what else were you going to do anyway? Not like you want to have any time for relaxing or reading or just doing nothing, right?

(I am *so* glad I've held off on organized sports for this year!!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home