Thursday, May 11, 2006

I am officially old

It’s not like the signs were not on the wall.   We have the grey hairs in the goatee, not to mention the chest, the eyebrow and the “nether regions”. My barber now trims my ear hair during a cut.  I have the whole nose hair thing to deal with.  Add my surly disposition, my need to wear Cardigan’s in the winter and te fact that my age is quickly approaching the big 40.

But to be honest I always felt I was mentally young. I still know all the latest music. I still ca name the Saturday morning cartoons and those little whipper snappers of mine still have not bested me playing video games.

But today my world shattered. As I entered the local recreation center to register the kids for a summer camp there was teenage couple sitting, no sprawled on a bench engaging in some amorous behavior.  And my first thought was… bah, get a room, there is no need for ”Outward Signs of Affection” (thanks Mrs. F. that term will never be forgotten). Worse yet I almost said something to them as they pawed and groped there way to new hormonal heights.

Cripes I am old.



1 Comments:

At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your blogs . Just read the last 3 and laughed cause yup, been there, but not with 3 boys. Yeah age creeps up on you but you are not old til the highlight of your day is a good bowel movement. I know!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home