Wednesday, February 15, 2006

What were we thinking

I consider Yvonne and I to be intelligent people.  In a “not trying to sound conceited way” I think we are above the average.  I also believe that we are good parents and while 3 boys are a tad on the rambunctious side, that we have good children.  I believe that as parents we are making good choices for our children’s futures.

Yet there are times when I think to myself… what they hell are we doing.  Well actually there are times when Yvonne and I look at each other with that look in out eyes.

I can remember once walking down the street in Ottawa a big smile plastered on my face and a drum in my hand. Yvonne gave me that look.  (Hey I got it at a garage sale for 5 bucks what a deal)

But in this case we are going down this decision path together hand in hand, blinders on, refusing to acknowledge the future we are creating.

Here is Liam’s birthday gift.



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



Yeah.. I know, three boys… let’s get them instruments and teach them how to play….  You just know there is a set of drums in Aiden’s future.

So what are we thinking?  Well actually Liam has expressed an interest in learning how to play guitar.  The guitar is listed on eBay for .01 cent US.  (We won’t mention the shipping cost) so the price is right. At this point I am willing to invest in anything that does not revolve around video games or TV.

Besides which I believe that all people should be able to make music, and one of my biggest regrets is never learning to play something.  

EDIT: as a funny note, Yvonne and I both bid on guitars on eBay at the same time.  We are now getting 2 of them.  At least one should be large enough for me to fool around on.  Maybe an old dog can learn a new trick.  Mary had a little lamb, little lamb, little lamb….







2 Comments:

At 12:29 PM, Blogger Todd said...

Well i did say we are getting 2. Maybe his cousin should bring one home.

 
At 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh music... and with two guitars, perhaps one of the younger boys will see the older sibling playing and go "I want to try too?" or dad and oldest can learn together and it will keep him more motivated?

Before you know it you will be buying a bus, painting it all kinds of fun colours and taking a leave of absence to tour the country, guitars, drums, and a synthesizer with that cool Xylophone sound. *wink*

or you will have a well rounded and musically educated family that enjoys something that can only enhance your time together and create memories! Camping/cottages and guitars go hand in hand!

I tend to think the latter. *grin*

I hope he enjoys!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home