Friday, January 20, 2006

Turned my Back and Walked Out

You know what, I was finished with you. You had changed, maybe I had changed, I don’t know what it was but the last couple of times it did nothing for me. In fact it was more an annoyance than anything else. After a while I actively started to avoid you.

But Dani had to keep talking about you. She kept reminding me of all the good times we had together. So I got curious about what you were up to. I wanted to see how you were doing.

I looked in on you and in just under 3 minutes you had me again. I still love you Gordie

The New Maybe
The Tragically Hip-Yer Favorites



You could write, you could think, you could have sex
You could leave your jewelry in a bowl beside the bed
Stare out the window, down the lawn, to the lake
For as long as it takes

Maybe it's the things we don't say
Maybe it's the things we don't say
Maybe it's the things we don't say
Maybe, love is the new maybe

I know what winter's about
Too many nights, not enough days
I watched the birds fly south
And no, I don't wait
The last words out of my mouth
Stay out of my way
And I'm in a wrong place

Maybe it's the things we don't say
Maybe it's the things we don't say
Maybe it's the things we don't say
Maybe, love is the new maybe
Maybe, love is the new maybe
Maybe, love is the new maybe



It has been a very long time since I heard a Hip song for the first time and just loved it. There has been nothing from the last 2 albums that I can honestly say that I liked. Even the couple of albums previous had required a little “listening to” before I acquired a taste for it. This new song, include as a bonus track to the Hipeponymous boxed set, is awesome.

And for the record, Dani I blame you fully and completely for this. If you had not gone on and on about it on your blog I could have stayed away from it.

3 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, Blogger DaniGirl said...

I wear that blame like a scarlet sash. Proudly.

 
At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh..duh...who is Gordie?
As in Lightfoot?

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Todd said...

Gordon Downie, lead Singer of The Tragically Hip.

Next time you are up we can watch some videos together.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home